Saturday 14 January 2012

Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming....

This one fits in  around the end of last May.

You probably know the title from Finding Nemo, sung by Dory, the very absent minded fishy freind of Nemo's Dad.  Why fish on a gardening blog? Well, that's kinda where my head is at right now.  Since my last post some idiot has put a bunch of holidays all close together and what with processing up and down the country to various relatives and working and whatnot, my brain forgot my blog password. Duh!  But I've remembered it now, as you can see.

Many things have happened, stuff has grown, I put my growhouse out in the yard and we had a gale and it fell over so many things are now randomised, which is always good for a laugh at planting out time.  I can identify things generically, but I have several varieties of tomato, some experimental, and a bunch of different cucurbitae that I can no longer tell apart (Joy!).  Suffice to say, the growhouse is now firmly attached to the fence, but the damage is done, and I should have tied it down in the first place, it's not like it didn't happen last year (just keep swimming.....that's a nice castle!.......)

The polytunnel, however, is being an absolute life saver, my beans are romping away and it's starting to look like a little enclosed jungle.  I've been short on time of late, trying to earn a living, so everything all needs potting up and planting out now and I haven't even ventured as far as the allotment yet.  Still, I saw this really cool thing about making pots out of newspaper on the Chelsea Flower Show so I'm going to give that a try.

So much stuff, so little day.  I can hear you saying 'Well stop blathering on about stuff and do some gardening' and I totally agree with you, so if you want me I'll be in the polytunnel..............

No comments:

Post a Comment